Wednesday, February 20, 2008

The Slippery Slope

Why and how I am incapable of LOVE, I do not know. Perhaps the reason be fear...and lack of faith in my own.


Long have I waited for LOVE to come and in vain I have waited. Or perhaps in blindness, I have fallen. Numerous have I pretended to LOVE and nothing have I acquired. Only traumas and misgivings to my being.


Now, I fear those supposedly not to be fear ed of.


I
fear attention.

I
fear being liked.

I
fear of liking.

I
fear being more than liked.

And I
fear not liking more.

I
fear companionship for I fear attachment.

I
fear comforting touches.

I
fear being spoken to with words of endearment.

I
fear being cared for.



I
fear being LOVEd.

And I
fear of being expected to LOVE in return.

I
fear of saying that I cannot.

But I
fear being left behind and not given a chance to try to LOVE.


I
fear of failing the trial.

And I
fear to admit it.

Because, again, I
fear of being left behind for doing so. And I fear of not being given more chances to try harder.

So I try anyway.

I
fear of finally giving up.

And I
fear of letting go of the failure because I fear of admitting to myself that I cannot triumph over it.

But I eventually do.

I
fear of not being let go because of one's LOVE for me. . .that, again, I fear.

I
fear of hurting one LOVING me.

And I
fear of one begging me to not leave one.

But everything eventually leads to
separation and falling apart.

And I
fear being lonely once again.



This chain of my notion ends to a conclusion:

"catching one's attention will eventually bring forth loneliness.”

-a notion like a metal cuff, binding my feet, restraining me from movement, nullifying my life, preventing me from living.







The Slippery Slope is a fallacy in which a person asserts that some event must inevitably follow from another without any argument for the inevitably of the event in question. Event X has occurred (or will or might occur). Therefore event Y will inevitably happen.

1 comment:

Miss Dee said...

pinapahirapan moko! leche! hehehe